More advice on CO elk....

illinoisdeerfarmer

I want to thank all the great folks that have shared some very helpful information with me. I still have a few more decisions to make and wanted to pick you folks brain on them.

1.) Most suggested unit 12, 81, or 70. Are these good units for a solo hunter willing to work hard and do the needed leg work?

2.) If you had to choose between a OTC bow tag or to use my 5 PP on a MZ loader hunt...what would you choose? I I really do love bowhunting...but just feel my chances are much better with a MZ.

3.) Someone replied to me saying that MZ season in any of the 3 units I picked was like "shopping at the mall on Black Friday". See more hunters than I will ever see elk. Is this true or just another person trying to "protect" a unit they may hunt? I plan on camping up to a mile off the road and hiking in another mile or so to hunt.

I personally think people use crowded hunts as a excuse to sit on their arse. It's Colorado, your gonna see people, move to the next valley, you'll do fine.

No personal experience but if a draw takes 5PP to get I doubt there will be tons of people Just my thought

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back