Moosie, some thoughts on STEEP

JB Florida

Hey Moosie,

There is this show on OLN (channel 608)
anyway, its hunting 201 and they are sheep hunting and going on about how steep the terrain is and how tough the hunt is and they are showing pictures :D that look like the hills in new mexico with a little rock out cropping at the top. He mentions how "DANGEROUS" this is in this type of steep mountains and so on. Oh did I say they could see the truck? :D

Anyway it brought back some funny memories about hunting Idaho.
I think most folks from the east and south really have no concept of STEEP and high. You know I ski a bit but I have never felt like I could fall off a trail and die in the process until some of the places you went!

YOU are a WILDMAN :cool:

Now watchout for those waterfalls

LOL bud....I'm sure there are some places alot better and Safer to hunt, But dang it,,,, the stories would have to be made up if we hunted there. Where we hunt the Stories just "HAPPEN".

YAH, Nothing like Climbing down something like this :

10_15_04_canyon.sized.jpg

Just to fall into something like this :

10_15_04_canyon1.sized.jpg

Danger is a relative term, I'm guessing there are some people that think Climbing a Treestand is "Dangerous". And if you don't know what you're doing it might be ... ;)

The definitions of steep is completely open to interpretation.

What's steep to me is nothing to my mountain climbing bro in law. What's steep to me may look impassable to others....

I'm already getting the winter blues for being in the backcountry. Something about backpack hunting in rugged country really gets to me. Even if I'm sharing a small tent with smelly Moosie.

T Bone

Smelly Moosie ? Shall I tell them about when you took your Boots OFF !!!!!

JSut think, In a Couple years we'll be back in ther ebud, except I'll be sitting drinking all YOUR drink while you're stalking the Rams :D :D

Yup, I guess it all relative :)
The hikes Moosie took me on were a real trip for this southern boy.
That one climb in the dark struck me as "possibly" dangerous.
He could probably tell when I asked if there was a less steep way back to the truck, distance didnt matter :eek:

My friends and relatives here think something is wrong when I go hunting and bring my deer back and its already in my backpack deboned.
(instead of getting a quad and taking it back whole :D )

T-bone, I guess that means you have the inside track to drawing that coveted tag!

I got some coues white tail deer country that's about like your sheep country but trade the trees for cactus and thorny stuff that's out to stick or cut ya. I think I'd like a sheep hunt since I love the nasty country for coues deer.

And I saw that show... I'd agree that it didn't look any bit like Moosies video... Ever thought about adding repelling gear to your pack moosie?

cmc

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back