Caribou Gear

Moose full Rut duke it out!

Sytes

Last edited:
That was pretty stupid for them to be standing so close. They could have very easily been caught up in the fight and trampled.

Wowzers. Amazing video! I would have been simultaneously trying to run away and change my undies if I was in that situation. Those things are brutes!

I saw the video on the Alaska Daily news Website. When I lived in Anchorage it was not uncommon to see cows in our neighborhood. We had a split level house and a porch with about 10 foot tall posts, Moose would often use it as a scratching post. There were also several bull moose around town that had gotten tangled in Christmas lights and still had them hanging in their headgear! I miss Alaska.

Camera / video can be very deceiving... granted, I would not be near the close proximity as what is perceived... though a smartphone ( I imagine that is what was used???) can zoom in and bring something so close as to tickle one pink with a scratch 'n sniff... ;) Not that I have any interest in scratching nor sniffing a pair of bulls duking it out. :eek: Even with the pic shown... ever seen a hunter kneel 2500 feet behind a bear, elk, heck a grouse for that matter... I know some here who use the photo to deceive. Looks good. :)

Massive action! The kinetic energy each of these guys are putting out would be interesting to speculate and compare it to something more relative to get a grasp of the power they're expending.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back