MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana to start trucking grizzlies into Yellowstone region to improve delisting prospects

So if they begin to allow hunting and you shoot one how can you make sure you're shooting wild bears and not put and take stockers? Asking for a fly fishing purist friend of mine who wants to take up grizzly hunting. 😉

So if they begin to allow hunting and you shoot one how can you make sure you're shooting wild bears and not put and take stockers? Asking for a fly fishing purist friend of mine who wants to take up grizzly hunting. 😉
I hear grizzly hackle makes a stellar Deceiver.

The relocation of grizzly bears by MT FWP is not something new. They have been trapping and relocating "problem" bears for many years.

In the early '80s I had a collered and ear taged grizzly bear come into my hunting camp near West Yellowstone. That bear had been trapped near Cooke City, then released in the mountains north of West Yellowstone where I encountered him.

I applaud FWP for relocating bears from one ecosystem to another to add new blood to the populations and to help get them delisted, but I don’t don't think that its a new idea.

Back