Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana HD 448

8andcounting

Well it's only jan 26 but I'm decided on my hunt unit choice for a elk . Going later in the season when the general tag is good for either sex but will be going for a bull . My question is about ATV's can you use them in that area as long as you stay on trail? And what about camping any good spots to setup camp ? Thanks

There are maps available to order online that show all motorized trails for your area along with the rules and regulations. The mt fwp is a great place to start. As far as camping spots I would use Google earth and maps to determine where you would like to setup at. Good luck next fall!! Mt is a great state to hunt in!

I like the montana cadastal website which can be accessed through the mtfwp website and the regional forest service maps. The regional forest service maps seem to show temporary/permanent road closures and ownership. The cadastal website can pull up owners if you want to ask permission. I think most areas are open to primitive camping on public land if you follow some basic rules, at least in other states.

I hope to be hunting either 445/446 for elk during the first week. Likewise for my forth time hunting elk in Montana and not getting one I'm going to either-sex elk unit and applying for a b tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back