Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana district 341

Pagosa

I'm hoping to draw a buck pronghorn in the Highlands unit this fall. I'm just looking for my first legal pronghorn buck. I'm probably not going to be able to hunt the opening weekend, due to a project in another state. My question is how quickly to do pronghorn settle down after the opening weekend ratrace? Are they likely to leave an area entirely or find less roaded and/or private land areas. If I draw I will probably hunt mid-week after the opener on the Oct. 8th. Thanks for the help.

I'm hoping to draw a buck pronghorn in the Highlands unit this fall. I'm just looking for my first legal pronghorn buck. I'm probably not going to be able to hunt the opening weekend, due to a project in another state. My question is how quickly to do pronghorn settle down after the opening weekend ratrace? Are they likely to leave an area entirely or find less roaded and/or private land areas. If I draw I will probably hunt mid-week after the opener on the Oct. 8th. Thanks for the help.

They'll be herded up and in either wide open hard to stalk areas, or on private. If you just want to kill a pronghorn you'll get one though if you keep at. That unit has decent numbers and access.

Let me know if you do draw, I don't apply for the unit but have spent a lot of time there and have seen some pronghorn in out of way places.

Last edited:
Thanks Randy, I guess the PM aren't going through. I will contact you if I draw. Thanks for the direction. Preston

I've never hunted that particular unit, but I am a big fan of hunting any weekend besides opening weekend! Opening weekend for Antelope in MT can be complete **** show!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back