Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Bison Hunt.....

Horn Seeker

Our new Governor came out against the hunt yesterday....its supposed to start the 15th. I need to look into it, cause I must have missed that dam application period. Anyhow, he says it needs to be stopped cause its going to create massive negative publicity!

Whatever happened to just doing whats right and sorting the rest out later. The negative publicity is just the "spin" that the liberal press will put on it, but the hunt will be the right thing. Why sit back and let the govt officials pop bison left and right all winter when sportsman could be doing it.

Drats....I missed the bastard of a drawing by 3 days! %#$#^

I guess they'll draw on the 7th, tommorrow! That would be a sweet tag...if the bison are out of the park this year!

The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission today approved a new hunting season for bison that migrate out of Yellowstone National Park.

In 2003, Montana’s Legislature passed a law giving the Fish Wildlife & Parks Commission authority to establish a bison hunt in Gallatin and Park counties. At its Dec. 16 meeting in Helena, the commission approved a hunt and authorized 10 bison-hunting licenses for use Jan. 15-Feb. 15, 2005. In subsequent years, more or fewer hunting licenses could be authorized for a season that would run from Nov. 15 to Feb. 15.

The intent of the law authorizing the hunt is to allow Montana hunters to harvest wild, free-roaming bison under fair chase conditions and to reduce damage to private property by altering bison behavior and distribution. Officials said the hunt is not expected to regulate bison populations. Population regulation will continue to be achieved through the Interagency Bison Management Plan that was approved several years ago.

Public bison hunts are established in several western states, including Alaska, Arizona, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. In Montana, the last public bison hunt took place in 1990.

Prospective hunters must apply for one of the 10 licenses, which will be awarded via a special drawing. A license will cost $75 for residents and $750 for nonresidents. Bison hunting regulations and license applications are now available on FWP’s website. Printed copies of the applications and regulations will be available Friday from most FWP offices and by Wednesday, Dec. 22 from most license providers.

I hear you, i hope swcheitzer pulls his head out of his orifice. I got my app. in, if one of those buffalo hippies starts jabbing me with his pole im not gonna sit there and take it like that guy a few years ago on the news.

Speaking of shooting buffs. Ive always wondered what would happen if you shot one of Turners buffs on forest service land. They get out of his fences and run around on public land, since they arent a game species couldnt you just shoot one and butcher it up?

Also, man i cant wait to get out of the Bitterfroot!!!! What a chithole.

Guys,
Write this backstabber a letter. It probably won't do any good, but at least we will have tried. Here's a copy of the letter I sent this A.M.:
[email protected]
Hello,
Congratulations on your inauguration. I thought it might take as much as a year for you to totally alienate all of us who thought we'd give you a chance! Obviously your supposed bi-partisan appearance was nothing more than a show. In the first _week_ of your new administration you have aligned yourself with the tax and spend radical environmental movement. For all the good it will do I want you to know that I _strongly_ support the Bison Hunt. Why do you as a Montanan care one whit about what these antihunter radicals think? Especially considering the big push you made in your campaign to show yourself walking around the woods with a rifle, talking about your supposed heartfelt concerns about hunters' rights. Apparently that was nothing more than a smoke screen to get your foot in the door. There are many reasons that there hasn't been a democrat in the governor's mansion for 16 years. You, now are reminding all of us what those reasons are, and I for one will try to make sure people who enjoy the outdoors, and pay taxes are aware of exactly what your agenda appears to be. I am a lifetime member of the NRA, and will be sure to let them know how your first few days in office have shown us all your true colors.
Sincerely,
Stephen R. Ayers
Kalispell, MT
This buttwipe in a few short days appears to be one of the most radical libs we've ever seen. There is a reason we haven't had one of his kind in Helena for 16 years!
Let's let him hear our voices.
Steve Ayers

Yeah Rocky, just put down your gun and walk over and beat the shit out them little bastards. If you get drawn, I'll do with ya bud! I know you are a tough bastard, but 10 of those punks might put up a good fight, plus, a buffalo is a lot of packin!

I will write Mr. Gov a letter too. I am not anti Schweitzer, but this does concern me. I can see where he is coming from, but I think he needs to step up to the plate and deal with the bullshit bad publicity.

Barri, I dont think you can shoot one of Teds bison if they got out, cause you cant just go shoot a yellowstoner when it steps out of the park? Maybe the diff would be that one is a wild animal and the other is livestock though right? I guess if its livestock you couldn't just shoot it either???

In Washington before I left we found out you could shoot a bison if you found one on public land open for hunting. That may have changed though? The Kalispell indian tribe in NE WA had a bunch escape and the locals shot the shit out of them.

Hey Steve, are you related to the contractor here in Missoula?

Schwitzer should have stayed in the beauty parlor where he belongs... I feel sorry for you guys...

We got our first Rep. Gov here in like 40 some odd years... One of the first orders on his agenda was to fire all the dinks in the game department and replace them with new recuits... The second order was to establish the states first black bear hunting season in the last 60 some odd years... The bear season was a huge success. They filled the quota in one day!!! Apperantly there was alot more bears out there than the bunny huggers wanted the masses to believe!!! They were argueing that the populatoin couldn't handle a hunting season... Well they set a quota at 40 bears, gave out 200+ licences and the season was over at sunset of the first day... ;)

Back