Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Money for trails

ELKCHSR

NEARLY $1 MILLION AVAILABLE FOR TRAILS IN MONTANA

Nearly $1 million is available for recreational trails projects in the state this year. Grant applications must be submitted to Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks by July 1.

Grants from the Recreational Trails Program can be used for motorized and non-motorized, multiple use, community, rural and backcountry trails.

Off-Highway Vehicle Program funds can be used to maintain and rehabilitate existing OHV trails, but not to construct new routes.

Other special projects eligible for grants from these programs include education and information brochures, interpretive signs and materials and noxious weed control on trails.

Public agencies and private trail clubs are eligible for the grants. FWP administers the grants with advice from citizen's trails advisory committees, and assists with trail design and management advice when needed.

Applications for these Recreational Trails Program and OHV Program grants can be downloaded from FWP's web page at www.fwp.state.mt.us , click on Parks and Recreation and look on the Grants page. If you have questions about these grants, call FWP at 444-4585 or 444-7317.

I didn't see any thing in the update about that. If some thing comes across my desk, I will post it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back