MNHunter TV debut

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight, MN Hunter, better known in elk hunting circles as Lee "The Hammer" Havemeier, makes his TV debut tonight. He makes an amazing shot across a canyon, on a great Arizona bull.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1380782069ggshhhyhbzx

Need to give an assist on this hunt to Jereep, AZ402, and BuzzH. They all lent their experience in the area to provide some good advance intel, with Jereep actually being able to join us in the field for a couple days. Of all the mundane things guys can do in Arizona, BuzzH and AZ402 were busy chasing desert sheep :rolleyes: while we were hunting elk.

I really like this episode. One of my favorite of all the episodes we have ever done. I exemplifies all that I want to illustrate about hunting, friendship, and why I love this thing we call hunting.

Thanks Lee. It was a great hunt, captured in a great story by two hard working camera guys, Mason Gertz and Brad Veis. Look foward to sharing another camp with you.

"Bringing success to others.......priceless"---Randy Newberg. Great adventure and show Big Fin & Company.

You make a pretty decent elk wrangler there Randy! Glad you show it "as it happened" and included the other guys who used page out of your playbook.....let the other hunter ( or in this case hunter and camera guy) move the game towards where you can get on them.

Loved this episode and great shot to MN!! Pretty bull for anyone but especially for a first one! I am also glad you showed the other guys. When we are all out there trying to get it done we should be a great fraternity of hunters. Another reason I love the concept of your shows. The American model means these resources are for ALL of us and we should be grateful there is so much to share :)

I really enjoy watching just average people on hunting shows versus some "celebrity". Thanks for spreading the love around.

Nice job with getting the bull down on video. Looks like a fun hunt and great job getting Lee his first bull as well as the other hunters accidentally.

Just watched this episode. Congrats Lee on a great bull & Randy on three assists.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I just got back from Wyoming and watched the episode myself today. Its kind of weird having lived through such an awesome adventure and then only see a fraction of that make it into the show.

There is a ton of work and effort put in by Randy and the camera guys on each episode and I think one can really only appreciate that having gone through it. Hunting is hard enough but adding cameras, light constraints, time constraints, etc takes it to a whole new level.

It was a hunt I will always remember not only because I took an absolutely beautiful bull but because I got to spend 10 days hunting in Arizona with some of the best people I've ever met.

Randy, thanks again for the opportunity and any time you want to share a camp again, I'll be there.

That was a great episode Lee and Randy! Hard to get everything to come together on film. Glad the foul up worked out for other hunters.

great job in this show...I could see the genuine and humble excitement in your friend had when he connected...not anything common in a lot of the shows out there now a days...

his connection with his Grandpa...and the way you were on the other spot when the shots went off...you cant fake that stuff...really enjoyed it!...

the second segment was also a real honest approach to what I understand all too well hunting public land for 40 years...you set a great example as to the attitude to have for others success , and the reality we all experience ...well done...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back