Minnesota Fishing

mhungerford

Headed for the Twin Cities area for the next 12 days and decided to drag the boat back with us and do some fishing while we are out there can anyone tell me how the bass fishing has been around apple valley? thanks have a great 4th.:D

The fish have moved out of the shallows & are on the weedlines & points. U can cast plastic worms. Or u can troll the weedlines for pike & muskie. There will be a lot of boat traffic. Get out there REALLY early or avoid the larger lakes. Bass are very plentiful in this area but not dummies !

thanks trigger. we wont be out in the area until the 5th. we normally just hit up the little lakes like orchard and such not looking for anything big just have some fun and take my 3 year old out after bluegill and perch.

baseball?

If you are a baseball fan at all, take an evening to enjoy the new Twins stadium/Target Field. Go a couple hours early so you can take a walk around the entire stadium. It's very nice!

You are hitting one of my favorite little lakes (Orchard). The weedline straight across the lake from the access has always been money. Deep weedline working plastic worms. Nothing like watching your line jump on the drop and putting the wood to a nice LM bass.

Back