Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Measuring ?

Dinkshooter

When you have a really bladed tine, what is the correct way to measure the tine? Do you go over the little blade point? I have seen several that are exactly in the middle of the tine. It for sure adds length. How would you do it without going over it?

P1010897.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010895.jpg

I asked an official measurer this question last year and he said that you essentially estimate what the normal curve of the point would be without the blade and kind of measure along side of it. So imagine a line drawn along the normal curve of the point. Not sure if that is correct or not. You never know with OM's. ;)

Something like this:

Attachments

• P1010897.jpg
    P1010897.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 229
When an abnormal point or protrusion exists on the center-line of a point you can not measure "over the top" of it.....which will obviously add length. Instead, you would simply place your cable around the abnormal point or protrusion until the measuring line can follow the normal center of the point. It may be necessary to measure around both sides the abnormal point or protrusion......the shortest distance would be the correct measurement of the two. Hope it helps....

What's with the pile of bone in the back-round ?? Are you making a chandelier or something ??

Chandelier??? You must be confusing me with someone else who would defile a horn in such a disgusting manner.:D;)

Thanks for the answers Oak and Bohunter.

I can vouch for dinkshooter keeping all his favorite bone close at hand to constantly handle, rub and admire.

Would you say your a good friend of his? Maybe . . . one of his "favorite" friends? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back