Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Me and Captain Ahab

Big Sky

This is my buddy Dave (also recently dubbed Captain Ahab). I call him that because he's always been clean shaven and just this year he's gone with a more sea worthy look. We were the best of fishing partner's back when we both lived in Sidney. About 10 years ago he moved to Western Montana and 3 years after that I moved about 6 hours closer to where he lives (he's still 4 hours away.) Anyway we don't get to fish together much anymore, but it just so happened I had to be in his part of the state Wednesday and Thursday. I knew if I called him he would know where some fish were biting and we were able to slip in a quick evening fishing trip Wednesday afternoon. The fish of choice were large and small mouth bass. They don't have a long growing season in Montana so they don't get particularly huge. The state record LM is only 8.8 lbs and the record smallie is 6.7 lbs. So we knew we weren't going to catch any whales, but it's all relative to where you live. What we did do is have a lot of fun and I don't care who you are catching bass is a good time.

So here's my buddy Captain Ahab with his first LM of the day. Pretty darn decent for around here.
DaveBell7-16-14B_zps203c62b0.jpg

Me with one of many smallies we caught.
TroyEchoLakeMT7-16-14_zpsac6e14f1.jpg

Last but not least Dave with another chunky little smallie. He caught more and bigger fish than I did, but I didn't care. I was just out there to have a good time, and to spend time with an old friend that I hadn't shared a boat with in a long while. Mission accomplished! I'm still riding the high from time well spent.
DaveBell7-16-14D_zps89840abe.jpg

As you say, Catchin' bass is ALWAYS a good time! :) Grats to both of you!

Nice fish Troy. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your summer. As always great pics. It won't be long and that nip will be in the air and it will be time to chase some furrier vermin ;)

There are certain HT members that I know are going to make me jealous before I even open the thread, Big Sky is one of those. Jealous or not, thanks for sharing, looks like time very well spent. Congrats!

Very nice. Check out the Yellowstone between Huntley and Forsyth if you want to get into some smallies closer to home. Great fishery that gets overlooked by most people.

There are certain HT members that I know are going to make me jealous before I even open the thread, Big Sky is one of those. Jealous or not, thanks for sharing, looks like time very well spent. Congrats!

^^^Exactly what I was thinking!!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back