Mauser 18

Mako

Anyone here have any experience with these or any of the new Mausers? What do you think of it?

I've handled them at EuroOptic (where they're dirt cheap BTW). They seem like nice rifles albeit some cheap feeling features like the small bolt knob, hollow plastic stock, and kind of an odd finish to the metal.

Lots of other nice features for $399 though.

Last edited:
I have seen a LOT of reviews and the only negatives I have heard have been minimal....those above and ......."It's NOT a REAL Mauser...." from the snobs. The accuracy tests I have seen have all been sub moa.

I've handled them at EuroOptic (where they're dirt cheap BTW). They seem like nice rifles albeit some cheap feeling features like the small bolt knob, hollow plastic stock, and kind of an odd finish to the metal.

Lots of other nice features for $399 though.

I wonder about the M12 then. If they are selling the 18 for that cheap, maybe they are offering the M12 at a discounted price as well.

I wonder about the M12 then. If they are selling the 18 for that cheap, maybe they are offering the M12 at a discounted price as well.

Looks like they have one in .270 for $899. They had piles of them at one time but thats all that is left. The M12 is a beautiful, fine feeling, and handling firearm. I was inches from buying one myself. If you want "just a gun" get the M18 if you want something fancy go for the M12

Give them a call. It's an awesome shop, glad their showroom is only about 30 minutes from my home.

Edit: I actually took some crappy pictures of some when I was trying to convince the woman to let me buy one....

Attachments

• 20191229_143639.jpg
    20191229_143639.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20191229_143642.jpg
    20191229_143642.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191229_143654.jpg
    20191229_143654.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I handled one at the Harrisburgh outdoor show.
Compared to other $400ish rifles, i thought it quite nice.

When compared to the new Savage Ultra Light, i found fit/finish, and just component sellection of the M18 far better. Not as light weight, but not bad either.

They are on my short list.

I handled one at the Harrisburgh outdoor show.
Compared to other $400ish rifles, i thought it quite nice.

When compared to the new Savage Ultra Light, i found fit/finish, and just component sellection of the M18 far better. Not as light weight, but not bad either.

They are on my short list.
They wont last forever. I miss when they had Tikkas on a crazy closeout about 2 years back. I bought two and talked a lot of buddies into them as well. I knew I should've bought more and by the time I came to my senses they were all gone...

They wont last forever. I miss when they had Tikkas on a crazy closeout about 2 years back. I bought two and talked a lot of buddies into them as well. I knew I should've bought more and by the time I came to my senses they were all gone...
You're exactly right. I bought one, but wish I had bought 3 or 4.

I've been interested in them for awhile and have been reading all the reviews. As stated above, the reviews have been positive particularly regarding accuracy. At their original price of $700, I felt there were a lot of comparable options. For $400, it became a very easy decision and I recently ordered one. I have been surprised that their U.S. marketing has been close to nonexistent at least in the publications I read.

Back