LWCF Strikes Again

BigHornRam

Sky is not falling.

"The Rattray Ranch lies at the heart of the John Day's best habitat for California bighorn sheep, supporting an estimated 600 to 650 head, the largest herd in Oregon. Bighorn sheep are highly vulnerable to disease and can experience steep population declines as a result. Conserving high-quality habitat for these animals is key to their long-term vitality."

Crickets if not a liberal embittered agenda.

Not schooled on this one at all, yes must be a good deal for all, but-
Cursory examination of the background suggests this deal began 2014 (or so) and was FINALIZED with the proceedings described in BHR's provided article. This means the origination of the thing took place under the Obama administration BLM folks. The Rattray acquistion was in 2014, which was the FIRST PHASE, culminating in this end product.
BHR simply put this out there as a announcement of victory made possible by LWCF. Which it indeed sounds as if it is.
I didn't see any liberal/conservative bent attached to it.
It's great the current administration decided to stick with something apparently put in motion by the previous liberal embittered agenda.
Sounds like somebody else is the bitter one;).

If somebody on here has info that corrects my admittedly simple appraisal of the history of the deal, feel free to put it out there.
I will retract any faulty assumptions.

Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing, BHR. Certainly understand why this one caught your radar. Nice step forward for the ram population. 🙂

Some basics...

The Rattay Ranch was purchased by a private organization in 2014, with a primary focus on enhancing America's rivers, the Western Rivers Conservancy with assisted support from our well valued LWCF funding.

In 2018... (Note: Trump Admin) WRC, transfered the first chunk of 4k acres to the Trump Admin's, BLM.
The <edit added: recent > additional 11k is the conclusion of the continued Trump Admin BLM's successful acquisition process.

This is habitat for approx 650 California bighorn sheep... Shared as the largest herd in Oregon.

"I applaud the BLM for the years of work and collaboration that went into completing this multiphase significant acquisition along Oregon's John Day River," said U.S. Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt. "This area provides a rich variety of recreation opportunities throughout the year including hunting, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, skiing, camping, and whitewater rafting – pursuits that are also vital to the state's economy."

Last edited:
Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing, BHR. Certainly understand why this one caught your radar. Nice step forward for the ram population. 🙂

Some basics...

The Rattay Ranch was purchased by a private organization in 2014, with a primary focus on enhancing America's rivers, the Western Rivers Conservancy with assisted support from our well valued LWCF funding.

In 2018... (Note: Trump Admin) WRC, transfered the first chunk of 4k acres to the Trump Admin's, BLM.
The <edit added: recent > additional 11k is the conclusion of the continued Trump Admin BLM's successful acquisition process.

This is habitat for approx 650 California bighorn sheep... Shared as the largest herd in Oregon.
Thanks for the redundant recap. 'Prolly shouldn't have wasted time reading the article.

Good deal. Access to that sheep herd is a bit of an issue by my understanding.

Crickets if not a liberal embittered agenda.

Never miss an opportunity to make something political, eh? If it's not a liberal embittered agenda, by gawd we can make it an conservative embittered agenda......

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back