Looking for possible hunt partner for CO Elk

SilverDollars

Howdy,

I am planning on purchasing a Co. OTC Elk tag tomorrow. I've got some "hunts" selected, but I'll have to see what is left by tomorrow and then I have to make some decisions. If all goes well, I plan on hiking in about 2 miles from the trailhead and setting up camp. But, I'd like to find a partner who is game for the same DIY elk hunt. Otherwise it will be a DIY solo elk hunt. It is always neat to find and meet fellow elk hunters fro across our wonderful nation.

If you are thinking about doing a DIY Colorado OTC Elk hunt this fall, then give me a shout. It doesn't matter what state you are from as variety is truly the spice in life.

Good hunting, good luck, good friends, good time, good food, and for goodness sake lets get started!!!!!

YESSIREE I got my first choice, EMØ19O2R. The dates are: 10/22/16 through 10/30/16 for days days possible for DIY hunting. If you happen to be planning your hunt there at the same time, give me a shout!!
:cool:

If you were hunting 191 (same float group, close!) I'd say let me know! I'll be hunting mulies in 191 during second season but haven't seen any elk or sign up there yet. Hunting elk out west unit 043 3rd season. I'm a native Texan grew up north of Dallas. Good luck brother!

Howdy Hunters. I've been going over maps, viewing Google Earth, etc. and putting my gear together(again), both adding and subtracting to make sure I have what I want to pack in and yet keep my pack weight as light as possible. I am planning on using as much of the 9 day season as needed. But, I just found something very exciting on Google Earth. The last Google Earth image where I plan to set-up was taken Oct. 23 2013(perfect!). It has given me an idea to look where the bulls may go and hide during that second season. I found them!!! I have located several mature bulls to my surprise and some of them were where I thought they could be. I even found two really large bulls that are positioned in such a way I believe many hunters never go there because of human laziness and terrain difficulties. Yeehaw

BTW: I did the same think last year in northern NM and had success harvesting a 6 point where Google Earth showed me there were some bulls.

Looking for possible hunt partner for CO Elk(GMU 19)

11 days until I leave for GMU 19 Colorado. The second rifle season starts in 13 days. As it currently appears, it is a DIY bull elk hunt unless some one would like to join me. Last year I had some good luck in northern NM and I thought I'd post a picture of my success(sorry about the image quality).
Elk-sm.jpg

Howdy Everyone,

Well, we are hunting together in GMU 019. Shanewrugg and I are going to meet and hunt together. His usual hunting partner has recently broken his leg and could not go hunting with him. Shane was able to swap his tag for a 019 tag (Thank you CP&W). I welcome Shane, and I am glad to have his company. It is never a bad idea to have a partner when going this remote. We are excited and looking forward to this weekend when the 2nd rifle season opens!!! I'm leaving in 3 days! Yeehaw

I am thankful for this forum as it has allowed things like this to help us all out! THANKS!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back