Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Looking for H4350

DRS

Anybody know a good place to order H4350? My local source is out and says they don't know when they will be able to get some more.

Hodgdon had a press release a week or so back that their most popular powders were in short supply and available some what sparingly for rest of the year. Varget and H4350 are both on that list.

What are you going to use it in? You might give Re 16, IMR 4451, H4831 sc a try, if it is for a creed. Also, the Winchester 6.5 Sta Bal is acceptable.

Can we blame the 6.5manbun for this too? (Varget and H4350 are two of the most recommended powders for 6.5cm for PRS and other range shooting) Or is that another thread?
Sure, why not? Everything else is because of the Creed. 😁 Although some powders are standouts, the joy of them is that there are a lot of powders that work just fine.

What are you going to use it in? You might give Re 16, IMR 4451, H4831 sc a try, if it is for a creed. Also, the Winchester 6.5 Sta Bal is acceptable.

I use it in my best loads for my 300 H&H and 300 Win. I've also tried IMR4831 and IMR4350 but nothing came close accuracy wise to the H4350.

The guy at the local shop where I have been buying my reloading supplies said he was told it was one of the powders being bought up by the military for use in sniper loads, but that's just hearsay.

Have you used any of the new Sta Bal yet?
Yep. It was OK. Kind of fits in, like all the other good ones. I shot a 1/4-inch, three-shot group at 200 yards, using it under the 147 ELDM, at around 2730 fps. I shot it some with the 140 Speer Gold Dots and it was right there, with the Reloder 19 load that I used this fall. It was OK with, or without mag primers, in my tests.

I use it in my best loads for my 300 H&H and 300 Win. I've also tried IMR4831 and IMR4350 but nothing came close accuracy wise to the H4350.

The guy at the local shop where I have been buying my reloading supplies said he was told it was one of the powders being bought up by the military for use in sniper loads, but that's just hearsay.
It works well in lots of stuff. Great for the -06, too. Some of the slow Alliant powders are great, for the big cartridges. In my 7 mags, 7828sc, reloder 19,22, 25, 33 were all good. I am a fan of Alliant powders. Sometimes, when stuff gets hard to find, it is a good time to do a little experimenting.

Shooter's World, Ramshot, Accurate might be worth some experimenting, as backups.

Scheels in Billings had a bunch last week. I got 8 more lbs. Not sure if they ship.

There are several Hodgdon powders that are in short supply and from what I read, will be spotty for quite awhile. This is a chance for Western Powders, VV and Allliant to really step up and move some product.

Hand loaders get what is left over, after ammo companies get their cut of the powder. Shooting is popular and we are going to go through shortages. That is why I have several options for about all of my cartridges.

The new copy of Handloader magazine, has gobs of 300 win mag loads listed. Pretty good read, if that is your choice.

I have not yet tried myself (I have focused entirely on Hodgdon Extreme powders to date) but RL15, RL16, RL17, Shooter’sWorld Precision, SW Long Rifle and SW4350 are all decent options for folks looking for replacement for Varget, H4359, & H4985

Shooters World Precision is a good replacement for Varget
SW4350 is a good replacement for H4350.
Both are available.

Back