PEAX Equipment

Leupold warranty question

mtmuley

I have a Leupold binocular I have had for almost 20 years. I would like to send them in for repair, but not sure I want a "trade in". Anyone have old Leupold binos repaired? Thanks, mtmuley

I have a small Leupy bino that I have sent back twice and they repaired them both times. I really doubt that they would do it again, but they just live by the deck door now, anyway. Even though they were never considered to be a waterproof bino, they fixed them twice, after fogging up. Call and ask. I do not believe that their warranty is as good as it used to be, but is still pretty good.

My understanding and experience with leupolds warranty is, if it is fixable they fix it. If not they replace it with the present comparable line. I have a vx III scope that lived on a shortmag. It rattled the mounts and rings loose a couple times. Eventually shaking the scope apart and would not hold zero. Sent the scope in they fixed and sent it back along with a technical spec sheet on the repairs performed. I dont build scopes so i asked what does this mean in simpler form. They stated they replaced everything. The only thing i received back that was mine was the tube. They also fixed the power selector ring for no charge as it so tight originally you could barely turn it. All it cost me was the shipping and insurance cost to get it to leupold. ~35$ if i remember correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back