leaving the site

csutton7

gotcha--not leaving for good, even though some may desire this--I'll be off in a few hours(for a quick hunt) taking my boys Erik and Max and hopefully one or two of Erik's friends(introduction to hunting) up for a wild pig and blacktail deer hunt--hope wer'e successful always helps when there's new kids going for the first time, if they can go---GITTERDUN will hopefully put some points on the board---chris

WOW--got myself a smokin buck and a water bottle and a skunk--no pics--buck scored about 185 though--whitetail to boot--how it got into CA is somewhat of a dilemna--but here goes--

got up to the hunting grounds and started to set up the tent--forgot the tent stakes--so I had to tie the tent off to a limb and the truck and used some rocks and bricks to keep her in place--I forgot that the stakes weren't in the bag---then I forgot my knives, but I did take one crappy one from my bench and I have a back up in my shaving kit--just in case someone tries to molest me while I'm shaving---ok we ran into some does and fawns, but no bucks---shot the skunk--dern little buggers are hard to hit when there 50-70 yds out and your gun is sited in 3" high at 100yds--shot over and in front of him a few time before the big skunkmeistermag laid him to rest--338 mag with 225 barnes xlc-- you might think overkill but he had a bad look in his eyes and a funny smell about him---anyway with the endeavor over it was back to camp for cup of noodles and top ramen, with a donut and juice and sodas--up at the crack of dawn--5:18 am and a quick donut, HO HO and juice and off to smack the buck of a lifetime or a smelly swine--no luck until we get back to camp and my youngest--Max--wants to break out the B(ig)B(ore) eradicator(BB gun) to shoot this plastic whitetail(with a great rack) that he'd brought along--curious why it showed up--anyway that's the monstrous buck--tuff little bugger also--took probably 10-15 bb rounds(losing an ear along the way) until I unleashed the 44 superredhawk on him--that's the reason there's no pics--there was nothing left after he tangled with the 240 gr exploderator-of course it took me 9 shots to knock him into elsewhere--I will say he did take a spine shot once, but it didn't put him down for good--at 20 paces trying to shoot a plastic 3" high deer with part of him stuck in the ground can humble a man--I would shoot right over the top of him or right under him and send him flying, but the boys would laugh and go set him up again--but finally I got dialed in --of course then the boys wanted to see what the 338 would do to a water bottle at 100 yds--so I whacked that dog--thank god in one shot---so it seems that the rules of fantasy huntland don't exclude any thing of this nature so I'd say ya better tally the score--and 2 of had HUNT TALK hats to boot--guess I need to order anuddder one----well I'm pretty bushed with my success---

oh yea we saw 27 does and fawns(some could have been repeats) but not one buck or stinky swine--but the boys had fun and that's the goal--also Max has an eye for deer that is beyond his years and beyond my binocs--don't quite understand how he can see them and then they're gone--

on a funnier note--while him and his older brother, Erik, were shooting at the plastic deer, of course he hit it first and when Erik missed it twice and said "I'm done"--Max pipes up and says "Erik it's nothing to be ashamed of"--boy did Erik and I bust a gut--

chris

Chris has had toooooo much coffee or not enough sleep! ;) :D

....welcome back man, sounds like you had a good time with the boys, we're heading up after some "C" zone horns this Friday...fingers crossed!
Where, general, were ya hunting Chris?

between Boonville and Yorkville--hwy 128---good luck Marv--I still have a "B" tag and a bear tag--hopefully I can make it up before I leave for Idaho---chris

My ol' college roomie's wife was from B-ville always did see a fair amount of bucks and turkeys down that way....hogs, I'd just see the damage!

Good luck on the remainder and in IDY-HO!

Marv

Back