MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Late season and likely last of season

bucky1

Got out last night and took advantage of a shortened work day. Coworker was on me to get him a little more meat so I figured with the season running low on days, and even fewer get out of jail passes from the wife, I better make the most of it. This is the first time i've put some effort into hunting out of a ground blind, and i must say, with a bow, in the snow, its pretty fun! Oddly, the other observation I'm noticing this year is that deer in far western Wisconsin seem to already be dropping antlers. Its crazy early, and not sure whether its a function of having a lot of snow and also a lot of snow really early this year, but normally don't see this type of dropping til later in January. Of the say 10 bucks i've had on cam, I'd guess at least half have dropped already, very odd to me.

Attachments

• latedoe_0662.jpg
    latedoe_0662.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 179
That does it, I am done with this CPA stuff in December. I am grabbing my bow and finding something to shoot. Way to keep your season alive.

Awesome - way to fill the freezer !!! They say the wet years produce larger antlers... it may be true they lose them earlier too... Congrats !!

Awesome, I plan on going out tomorrow if it's nice here....

I know some of the deer in Montana have dropped too. Saw one shot early last week that ended up being a buck with both dropped.

Grats on your hunt there bucky1! Good meat to be had late season!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back