Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ithaca is Jonesing for fatasses

Hangar18

From another thread:
Originally posted by Ithaca 37:
I'll admit I'm happier than I've ever been about the topics and postings in SI. I really enjoy all the debate and different viewpoints. I especially like seeing anything that can be substantiated with a link to more info. Now, if we could just get back to the important stuff like fatassed ATV riders and welfare ranchers!!! ;)
Here you go Ithaca.
http://www.fwp.state.mt.us/news/article_2938.aspx
Friday, May 14, 2004
OHV Recreation Management Workshop Set For July 13-16 In Great Falls

Off-highway vehicle enthusiasts, planners and decision makers will meet in Great Falls July 13-16 to discuss OHV recreation management, trail systems planning and improvements, and environmental issues related to OHV recreation.

The OHV Recreation Management Workshop will be conducted by the National OHV Conservation Council in cooperation with Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, the US Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management.

The workshop will feature classroom instruction and field exercise. Special optional classes July 13 will include the ATV Safety Institute’s ATV Rider Course, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Dirt Bike School, and a Master Trainer Course presented by Tread Lightly.

Workshop registration is $100 and is limited to 100 participants. Registration information is available by contacting Lynn Noltner at 800-348-6487 or by email: [email protected].

The National OHV Conservation Council is a non-profit educational foundation.
It's a good program in theory, but I see it not working as far as the masses go. $100 and limited to 100 participants, I'm pretty sure this is geared toward club officers. As a snowmobiler, I see time after time riders in the backcountry not wearing an avalanche beacon, and not carrying a shovel and probe. This equipment costs around $400, but I hear the excuse "It's too expensive" They spend thousands of dollars, some over $10,000 on a sled, yet will not spend $400 on something that could save their's or someone else's life. This information is available from any club or the state association, as well as several stories of avy deaths in newspapers.

The point is people are going to have to get motivated to learn these things. I don't see NOHVCC having any more luck than the BRC.

I can't imagine any fatassed ATV riders payin' $100 bucks to attend, but I hope they do and this is the start of a huge movement.

Actually, the BRC should be puttin' on stuff like that for free, along with free food, free beer and a few Playboy bunnies for waitresses. That would get the ATV crowd there! :D :D

Guys, the BRC an Tread Lightly are involved in that, and are "sending" some representatives from local groups.

Back