Iowa Hunt

Bone Head

Hey,
Looking for information on "The Points System" in Iowa, specifically the South East Corner. I have read most of the Iowa DNR page and still trying to put it together. Is there any easier way of doing this?

Thank you!

Its been a few years since I applied but IIRC, you need 1, probably 2 and possibly 3 points to draw most areas in IA. I think archery was the hardest to draw. They jumped the point fee to $50 this year and if it is till the same you must buy the buck tag & a license and I think a doe tag. It will run you about $500 when you do draw. Plus the $50 each year in points

hate to let this out, but here goes, forget Iowa, look at northern missouri OTC tags. The best way to go about it, talk to a feed store, they typically have a list of farmers wanting to get rid of the deer. Holla back, could give you a little better direction if you're interested???

Thank you Tree-Topper

I have hunted a few other states but didn't think about Missouri. Any info I could get would be a big help. Thank you for answering outside of the box. Happy Hunting or as we say in Michigan after Jan 1 "Depression Days"

Back