Internationals eligible to apply for/ tags?

For my taxidermy I had all the work done in WY. When I was back 12 months later I built a crate with the taxidermist and I arranged shipping. Not cheap but they turned out great.

Yes thats how we did in the outfit I worked with, but last summer I worked with an estate on Islay in Scotland and what they would do is boil the head, put pieces of hosepipes on the ends and then wrap it with wrappingpaper(but very thick), put it in one of those old tv cartons for when they were still big and chunky and then send it to the hunters. Takes about 12 hours of cooking and 1 hour of wrapping and packaging, I am just not sure if that interferes with the regulations.

This is my first post on this forum and I am from Australia, I noted with interest all the internationals on here. Not sure if it is customary to introduce myself apologies if I am supposed to. I just noticed that in Wyoming you need to have a hunter education certificate to bow hunt? If born after what year please? As I am bow hunting deer, elk and Pronghorn this September. Thank you.
1966 - https://www.hunter-ed.com/wyoming/hunting_law.html

So is there no state where a license from europe is recognized?

I would contact the license dept. of the state you wish to hunt and maybe send them a pic of your license. I know Arizona doesn't ask for anything. They have over-the-counter archery deer tags.

I took a friend from Denmark hunting several times for big game in Montana. He did an online hunters ed course and then a 4 hour field day to make sure he didn't have any issues, but he had no problem buying a gun in the us, getting a license, and putting in for points on a tourist visa.

I bet the cheapest way to get a mount back would be to send the cape to a taxidermist in the us, take your antlers with you on the plane and then have the tanned hide shipped to you in the U.K. and mounted by your local taxidermist.

I took a friend from Denmark hunting several times for big game in Montana. He did an online hunters ed course and then a 4 hour field day to make sure he didn't have any issues, but he had no problem buying a gun in the us, getting a license, and putting in for points on a tourist visa.
He bought a gun in the US as a non-immigrant alien?
Surely some laws were broken in doing so?
I was told i could buy ammo in the US as long as i had a Form 6 and a valid hunting license, but i could not buy a rifle, however i could borrow a rifle.

I bet the cheapest way to get a mount back would be to send the cape to a taxidermist in the us, take your antlers with you on the plane and then have the tanned hide shipped to you in the U.K. and mounted by your local taxidermist.
I checked on this when i went over, the airline will not ship the antlers internationally as excess baggage, only domestic flights.

Cheers

Richard

No laws broken you can purchase a firearm as a non-immigrant alien if you have a hunting license and the purpose is for hunting, it's a exception clearly explained on the state department and ATF websites.

Question 3.
https://www.atf.gov/file/61841/download

Last edited by a moderator:
Still probably cheaper to ship antlers and hide than a completed mount.

So my buddy was here on six month tourist visa and rented an apt... which I guess qualifies him under the second part of that. All I know is we called the embassy in DC they said it was ok, my buddy went into sportsmans gave them all his info, did the background check, and got a gun. Elapsed time from hunters ed to being in the field was 48hours.

Maybe you can't if you are just here for a week hunting?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back