Insoles for kenetrek hard scrabbles

sloveless

What insoles are guys running in kenetrek's? I've been breaking in a pair of kenetrek hardscrabbles (probably 80 good miles in) and since I have a normal arch I needed to switch out the stock insoles that were too high. I've been using the sofsole blue ones with the cushy gel at the front. These usually work great since I've had problems with pain at the ball of my foot, but they seem to be lifting me out of the heel pocket and I'm getting slippage. Anyone else have the same experience?

I have the hardscrabbles and used the insoles that came with them for one day. I could barely walk by the time I got to the truck. I bought some super feet hikers at sportsmanship warehouse. I think you can also get off amazon. They are great on my arch.

Everyone seems to have different feet. What works for someone may not work for someone else. I replace the insoles in all of my boots...even premium quality boots sometimes don't have the right insoles for my particular feet. My feet need lots of padding. Superfeet work great for a lot of guys but I need more padding. $35 Spencos from Sportsman's (with lots of padding) work great for me. I wear my boots a lot so usually replace them about once a year.

Forgot to mention that you may also want to look into socks with padding in the bottom of the sole/feet...such as Thorlos. They come in different thickness for different weather conditions...and dry super fast.

Good to hear about the spencos and the padded socks. I've always worn good socks to mitigate blisters, but haven't paid much attention to the padding.

I use superfett orange, not sure if that's for my size. I also where a sock liner with REI expedition socks.

Lathrop and sons supposedly has the best insert on the market. I like the Sol ones the best, superfeet are OK but I need more cushion.

This is just my opinion and I know everyone has different feet and some boots work better for each individual. The greatest thing I've ever done for my Kenetreks is throw them in the dumpster and buy a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX's. I swore by Kenetreks when they first came out and my college wrestling partner always tried to get me into a pair of Lowas and I refused. My feet have never been happier once I made the switch. From multiple day elk hunts in all kinds of conditions to 14 days on the fire line I haven't ever had a problem or complaint about my Lowas, unlike the several pairs of Kenetreks I've owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back