Caribou Gear Tarp

Ibex in Spain Shipping Euro mount back

redduck

Hello All,

I am hunting in Spain end of February for Ibex. ( I want to ship the euro mount if i am lucky) The guide has an export company, but he asked me for an import agent.
Why do I need an import agent, and can anyone recommend one?

Best,
Sam

You need an import agent so they can make money. $400 customs entry service fee, $43 APHIS Fee, $40 messenger fee, $65 warehouse handling fee, $130 airport transfer fee, $225 terminal handling cargo import service charge, airline storage charge $150 minimum per day.... That's just the import charges. Everyone along the way makes money. Fees on top of fees on top of fees. Going through my spreadsheet I'm pushing right at $3,000 of fees for 9 animals. That doesn't count any shipping or packing or anything like that.

By the time I get all our stuff back from Africa it is going to end up costing well over half the cost of the 9 day hunt. We shot 9 animals and are going to end up paying close to $9,000 to get them back when it is all said and done. That does include getting the zebras and wildebeest tanned (I got taken on the tanning cost - $606 for tanning the zebras and then they charge packing and crating on a % of the tanning - by the time I get them home the zebra flat skins are going to cost $1,123.62 each and that is only an estimate based on stated charges for the import guy they warned us that the airline storage charges could be more than the minimum). We are only going to do shoulder mounts on 2 animals and that will be in addition to the $ mentioned above.

I'm slightly jaded on the whole import export thing right now. If I go back to Africa I'm thinking I might just take pictures and call it good.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back