MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hunting Shows

Hunting shows

You guys are right Bigfin and Rinella I think have the best tv shows. They hunt the way most
of us do.No guides telling them not to shoot because it's not a management buck, no
private ranches where they are growing abnormally large racks. They hunt on foot and don't
ride avt's everywhere they go.
They hunt public land that you and I can hunt as well.
:D

I love me some Stan Potts. I watched probably 5 straight hours of his shows this morning. I'm taking a vacation day on Tuesday to watch my vault of "driven with pat and nicole", "the crush", and the entire first season of "pig man".

I was going to go hunting on the archery opener next Saturday, but my friend sent me a box full of Primos, Jackie Bushman, and Tom Miranda DVDs....so I'm staying home.

All joking aside....here are the top 5 in order:

1. Anything with Nate Simmons or David Long
2. Anything with Cody Robins(even when he was filming with Shockey)
3. Either One of Big Fin's shows
4. Solo Hunter
5. Meat Eater

I tried to watch the new uncharted Shockey show, but that guy with him in the beat up nosler hat is more than anoying. He's the only guy I've ever seen who tries to talk deeper and more "the world is going to end any second and what I'm doing is the last best thing ever to be done so look at me" than Guy Eastman.

I'm a public land peasant like the rest of ya'll, but if I could hunt the same animals that Cody robins gets to hunt in that redish-orangish knit hat with the tasels Id be giving the man my two weeks notice Now!

I get tired of all the commercials, talking, and replaying of what just happened. Fresh Tracks, Meateater and just caught an Eastman's hunting that was good. Tired of all the crushing, smoking, and harvesting that goes on in those other "hunting" shows. Keep up the good work Randy!

I love me some Stan Potts. I watched probably 5 straight hours of his shows this morning. I'm taking a vacation day on Tuesday to watch my vault of "driven with pat and nicole", "the crush", and the entire first season of "pig man".

I was going to go hunting on the archery opener next Saturday, but my friend sent me a box full of Primos, Jackie Bushman, and Tom Miranda DVDs....so I'm staying home.

All joking aside....here are the top 5 in order:

1. Anything with Nate Simmons or David Long
2. Anything with Cody Robins(even when he was filming with Shockey)
3. Either One of Big Fin's shows
4. Solo Hunter
5. Meat Eater

I tried to watch the new uncharted Shockey show, but that guy with him in the beat up nosler hat is more than anoying. He's the only guy I've ever seen who tries to talk deeper and more "the world is going to end any second and what I'm doing is the last best thing ever to be done so look at me" than Guy Eastman.

I'm a public land peasant like the rest of ya'll, but if I could hunt the same animals that Cody robins gets to hunt in that redish-orangish knit hat with the tasels Id be giving the man my two weeks notice Now!

:D:D

I like watching hunting show just for the scenery and the animals. I enjoy the "Western" shows the best because the scenery is the best.

Fresh Tracks and OYOA is my favorite for sure. But I really enjoy Meat Eater and love the cooking episodes. We often forget that we can attract people to our obsession by making a delicious free-range and organic meal for them. Most of the shows are garbage but I will admit that I watch some just to see how big of a deer they shoot are. They are completely unrealistic as 99% of us on here will never hunt a high-fence piece of land with 200+ deer. I am thankful for shows that hunt the real way. Guys who do where we go and often go empty-handed like all of us have done.

OYOA/Fresh Tracks
Western Hunter
Pure Hunting
Ridge Reaper

These are the only shows I watch. Every show besides the above mentioned always start off with a STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT and "Fowks, taday I'm huntin' wid my good buddy and outfitter so-and-so" .........

Makes me want to puke when their sitting in a stand on flatland, watchings a Bio-Logic planted field saying how hard they hunted, and "Shot that Joker", "Big Buck Down" :rolleyes:

Wait a second here, you all don't hunt from tree stands...Seriously, I liked Colorado Buck. Seemed like a good guy, not all flashy except for his South Florida hair.lol I like the DIY format better than the canned type that sums up 85% of the shows. I'd love to expand on the DIY show and do one where you see the host hunt a different plot of land every week. He has to figure out where to go, when to be there and how to pull the best animal out of that area. Spin the wheel and pick a spot and see how good a hunter you really are. If a 2 1/2 year old buck is the best you can get then so be it. Public land only and no guides. Map skills, online research, weather forecasting abilities would be featured.
... or is this already being done...;}

I wish Meat Eater was on Carbon TV. Rinella and Randy are the only two that I truly enjoy watching. I'll play some others as background noise when I'm puttering around the house, but they are the only ones I'll sit down and devote my attention to. I canned the cable and satellite recently so if it's not online, I don't get to watch it.

Western Hunter
SOLO Hunter
Fresh Tracks
MeatEater
Eastmans
Ridge Reaper

I'm a big fan of all the shows I listed but Western Hunter is definitely my favorite. Just an overall awesome show that doesn't just focus on the kill but rather the journey and some amazing photography/videography. I love the backpacking/backcountry hunts

Speaking of hunting shows, I'm out for the season this year due to Military commitments and being in South Korea. There are definitely plenty of clips of shows on youtube, but are there any sites I don't have to pay to watch full length episodes? Some websites won't work in this country due to the IP address. I mainly watch anything that invokes elk, muleys and western whitetails!

Weren't Rinella and Randy going to do an episode together? Is that ever gonna happen?

Could be the most watched hunting show in TV history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back