Huntin lesson .....learned ?

TXJON

Well its my second season of huntin for deer and I know I have so much to learn, even more so with the BOW in hand. Last year while hunting from a ground blind over looking a nice little water hole that was covered in deer sign, I got busted by a doe after I got bored and was picking up to move. Having sat for about two hours I convinced myself that maybe they were only using spot at night, so I grabbed up my pack. After putting my pack on I took two steps when I spotted two nice doe's at 30 yrds walking my way. To bad they spotted me too !!! After a few minutes...maybe 30 sec they were gone.
Second year hunting deer in the same area, and im pushing doe's around as Im trying to get to my spot but its early and Im hoping I didnt just drive the only deer in the area away. After trying to stalk around in hopes of catching some really dumb deer off guard, I settle into another ground blind close to my encounter from the year before. So I tuck myself into a small cedar and begin to wait. Well once again I get the jitters from sitting for all of an hour get to me and again convince myself nothing going to happen. So I pick up my bag and take about 5 steps when I see them, and they see me.
I freeze in my tracks and the biggest doe is ears up with her neck strethced. I dont move and she is trying her best to scent me, but I had wind in my favor, she false feeds twice trying to trick me, but I hold fast.
After about four minutes she flicks her tail and turns to walk off into the woods taking three or four other with her. So again I kick myself for not waiting longer.....really have to force myself to stay LONGER....

Patience is a hard thing sometimes, but hunting requires it unfortunately. Smart phones have made this patience thing alot easier though!!!

Keep at and resist the urge to move, that is the best way to be successful when hunting from a stand/blind.

Sitting in a ground blind with bow/arrow across my lap as we speak. Yes. My andriod phone makes sitting sooooo much more bearable! Don't dispare. I shot my first deer ever last year(with my mosin nagant m44 no less!) Still aching for my first bow kill
Hang in there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back