Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunter orange in Utah?

ol_spark

Watched the Mossback presentation Abajo Peak tonight and noticed that the hunter did not put any orange on until he was ready to shoot ( long range) the elk. Looked up the regulations and they appeared vague but did say 400 square inches on head,chest and back. Didn't see any orange hat. Is this typical Utah hunting practice? Just curious.

I wear a hat and vest/jacket here in Utah. I cannot say about other, but anything with the words Mossback in or near it I just assume is wrong and un ethical...

We always wear both Hat and vest. in fact I just picked up a vest on clearance at midway to modify for the back of my pack. Personally I want to be seen, but people with guns.

not a fan of Mossback either

I agree with what is said above. Don't look to Mossback as and example of how to do anything fair or legal. The hunting community would be FAR better without him and his team.

I wish Utah would look to Wyoming for their Hunters Orange requirements.

So Mossback is unethical and can post video in front of thousands of viewers with no repercussions? Not the first time I've noticed questionable material on video. Just curious?

So Mossback is unethical and can post video in front of thousands of viewers with no repercussions? Not the first time I've noticed questionable material on video. Just curious?

Have you been to Utah? Follow their politics? Backroom dealings? This is the state that could look at two proposals for hosting the 200 Tag Welfare Show and go with the one that is going to attract fewer attendees, mostly local by the way, and take more of the proceeds. Utah is the poster child of limited accountability as long as you are buddies with the power brokers. This is the state that "over the phone" approved hunting a bighorn sheep in unauthorized area. The 200 tags is the catalyst for creating a slush fund to do the tasks Utah F&G can't which was dubious but then to not even attempt to audit the slush fund tells you all you need to know about how the state operates. After all, this is where the "people's" SFW opposed you being able to fish through private land. Critical thinking is not that hard but geographically there seems to be an impediment concentrated in a set of followers. Love the ice cream there, though.

I've been to Utah but have not hunted there. Didn't mean to bring up a sore subject. My question is answered. Thanks

I've been to Utah but have not hunted there. Didn't mean to bring up a sore subject. My question is answered. Thanks

Fair question my friend and sorry you get the rants. Here's the actual regulation.
Requirement to wear
hunter orange
Utah Code § 23-20-31
If you’re hunting in an area where a
centerfire rifle hunt is occurring, you must
wear a minimum of 400 square inches of
hunter orange material on your head, chest
and back.
A camouflage pattern in hunter orange
meets this requirement.
There are some exceptions to the hunter
orange rule. You’re not required to wear