Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunt Expo

I planned on going to the Expo Saturday morning, but had good snow for lion hunting so really debated. One of my little's turned ten a couple weeks ago and we've been hunting a certain tom lion for her. I woke up, took a shower and was planning to leave for the Expo and got a text from my buddy.

He was basically like, hey, I just felt with the new snow I had to hike up and see if he crossed...and he had, with a female cat. I had treed and freed him once this season before my kid's birthday and we had unsuccessfully run him another time two weeks ago.

So we loaded up the dogs, hiked in, turned the dogs loose and got him. No Hunt Expo Saturday.

I took my kids on Sunday. We had a good time. They liked the free samples of drinks (although the Mountain Ops booth was closed.) My six-year-old liked riding the escalators to the floor where you validated the draw tags (country kids in the city...we did a few rides for fun.) I checked out the booths and caught up with a booking agent I know.

I saw the normal Utah stuff, but one of the new things I noticed was kids being pulled around in carts....but they weren't all little. Some of these parents were rolling around ten-year-old children, which was, for some reason, hilarious to me. I wouldn't take a picture of someone else's kid, but I was tempted.

I enjoy the show and try to make it when I can. I'm sure I'll draw a tag this year. This is the year.

I planned on going to the Expo Saturday morning, but had good snow for lion hunting so really debated. One of my little's turned ten a couple weeks ago and we've been hunting a certain tom lion for her. I woke up, took a shower and was planning to leave for the Expo and got a text from my buddy.

He was basically like, hey, I just felt with the new snow I had to hike up and see if he crossed...and he had, with a female cat. I had treed and freed him once this season before my kid's birthday and we had unsuccessfully run him another time two weeks ago.

So we loaded up the dogs, hiked in, turned the dogs loose and got him. No Hunt Expo Saturday.

I took my kids on Sunday. We had a good time. They liked the free samples of drinks (although the Mountain Ops booth was closed.) My six-year-old liked riding the escalators to the floor where you validated the draw tags (country kids in the city...we did a few rides for fun.) I checked out the booths and caught up with a booking agent I know.

I saw the normal Utah stuff, but one of the new things I noticed was kids being pulled around in carts....but they weren't all little. Some of these parents were rolling around ten-year-old children, which was, for some reason, hilarious to me. I wouldn't take a picture of someone else's kid, but I was tempted.

I enjoy the show and try to make it when I can. I'm sure I'll draw a tag this year. This is the year.
There was an odd amount of kids being pulled around. Also an annoying amount of double wide strollers.

I was only able to spend a few hours waling the floor with Oak and Dinkshooter Saturday. Next year I propose we strap a GoPro and microphone to @Dinkshooter in flat brimmed Hushin hat and dress @Oak in some bedazzled jeans and then post a live feed of them walking the floor and commenting on everything they see on Hunttalk. I'm sure @Big Fin would approve. I do have to say the mix of folks from different states that won sheep tags at Sheep Camp was impressive. I was close but missed out on the Head and Tails game by just a couple coin tosses.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back