Hornet’s nest display

I used to have 2 when I was a kid but between moves they got messed up. We would put them in trash bags and fumigate them before bringing them inside closed areas.

Anyone else display a hornet’s nest in their home? I got this one while out fishing a week ago. It’s a Bald Face Hornet’s nest.

View attachment 305821View attachment 305822View attachment 305823

Anyone else display a hornet’s nest in their home? I got this one while out fishing a week ago. It’s a Bald Face Hornet’s nest.

View attachment 305821View attachment 305822View attachment 305823
Hmmmm….. Why again is this something you think you should collect?

I've had some really cool ones over the years, can't seem to find the pics. Never had an issue with any of them I brought inside.

Did you fumigate it?

Dormant hornets coming awake in the home................LOL.

Dealt with those suckers most of my life. Stung a few times. Had to carry epi's in the Park trucks.
Meat bees were the worst.

Moved here and no meat bees and the wasps and hornets leave you alone for the most part.
I bee nice to the Tarantula Hawks. Most painful sting of any wasp,they say.
Have velvet ants too.....most painful ant sting,again,they say.
Don't plan on testing either theory.
Had lots of Tarantula Hawks in Madera County foothills growing up. The most beautiful wasp you will ever see. All pearly black with bright wings. . Never got stung one.

I have been hit by a velvet ant. Certainly fireworks there.

I have brought in a couple of Bald Faced Hornet nests, but MRS says no way in the house.

My old man used to mark them on our farm all summer..then in the fall/winter he would load up a cooler full a beer and a case or two of shotgun shells on the tractor..he would spend a day drinking beer and shooting the limbs that held the nests...he probably had quite the collection in his shop when he passed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back