Hornady CX 150 gr

GeorgeBlack

Reloading the CX 150gr. Book suggests 3.250 O.A.L. That will be about 15 thou of my landings. But the end of the brass is in the groove, so is not sealed properly. I did check a box of Hornady ,their O.A.L all over the map. BTO a bit more consistent. They are sealed with something like Markron sealer. Any suggestions,how to handle the situation?
Making the O.A.L longer not possible.
Making it shorter it goes down to 3.222 +-
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. George

I did try the box from Hornady and the were accurate for hunting. Yes that 50 thou would seal it for sure ,as it would give me 3.215+OAL.I was wondering if anyone has used the sealer and does it do anything….good??

I'm loading the 150 grain CX in my 280AI at .050 jump. The end of the brass is in the groove and it has zero effect on accuracy or pressure. 20240122_205754.jpg

That’s great. I was worried,a bit as I am now switching to copper bullets.
Quite new to grooves and didn’t know what to do. Thanks for all your help.

That’s great. I was worried,a bit as I am now switching to copper bullets.
Quite new to grooves and didn’t know what to do. Thanks for all your help.
Tread lightly when working up loads. These will often max out sooner on pressure so if your not getting the super fast speeds from the data don't chase it. That being said I loaded 150gr TTSX with H4350 for a friend and had great results that kill quick.

I will try and use a couple of different powders, being a packrat I got all kinds.
I always stay bellow max,as long as I get decent accuracy. Never shoot anything past 300 yards….except that antelope in Montana and missed.😭😭 Lol
I hope to get another chance in a couple of years.

Back