Hodgdon acquires Ramshot & Accurate Powder

Probably more of an Oligopoly since they'll control a lot of names. I don't know if they actually own any of the manufacturing plants but that doesn't matter when you're the only one in the store.

I’m just glad that they were not purchased by an investment group to run into the ground. Not my favorite thing, all of the eggs being in one basket, but it could be far worse

Wtf, bastards can’t even keep up with the demand of their current offerings.. hopefully closing the “accurate” line to produce more h1000.. lol.

Wtf, bastards can’t even keep up with the demand of their current offerings.. hopefully closing the “accurate” line to produce more h1000.. lol.
I stumbled on a pretty good amount of h1000 and rl23 the other day. I was pretty shocked since it’s sold out everywhere I been looking. Needless to say I bought plenty.

Hodgdon already owned IMR. Now with the purchase of Western Powders their market shares go up exponentially.

Think of GM buying Ford. Ford owns Ford & Lincoln, which everybody knows.
But they also own Mazda, and other interests worldwide.

But imagine that if there were only 5 or 6 auto manufacturers.
The impacts worldwide are huge!
Not only in terms of market share, but also in terms of purchasing power, shipping, etc..
They are able to renegotiate those prices.

Last edited:
Probably more of an Oligopoly since they'll control a lot of names. I don't know if they actually own any of the manufacturing plants but that doesn't matter when you're the only one in the store.
As far as I know, only Vihtavuori has manufacturing capability and Hodgdon/Western and Alliant contract out (to several of the same companies like General Dynamics). But anyway, I fail to see how reducing the number of distributors is going to benefit consumers.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back