Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

His biggest one yet!

Bwana

Then again it is his first one too. :)

Took my youngest boy out last Saturday evening in order to see if he could fill his first deer tag and as you can see things worked out quite nicely.

A bit about my son; even though this was his first rifle tag he said he would wait to hunt since his older brother had a chance at a big muley buck. (Pretty grown up decision for a 12 year old) So Friday evening in the rain and snow and Saturday morning in the wet grass he trailed along with us knowing full well he had almost no chance of being allowed to shoot at a deer. His reward came Saturday evening when he and I set up the blind along the edge of an alfalfa field.

We hadn't been in the blind 20 minutes when two bucks came out of the woods across from us. About 10 minutes later, they were followed by 4 does and 2 fawns. We sat watching the deer feeding our way while talking through his options but when the lead doe decided our blind was nothing to worry about and headed right for us, it was time for action.

Even though she was close he told me he couldn't shoot because of another deer behind the doe. He waited until she cleared and got broadside and he made a perfect shot that went through both shoulders and took out the top of the heart. At the shot the deer reared up on it's back legs like a stallion but crashed to the ground when it came down due to it's landing gear not working. Not sure who was more proud or who had the bigger grin, he or I.

The first touch.
5744.jpg

Happy hunter
5745.jpg

Close-up
5746.jpg

Where she fell.
5747.jpg

Very nice. Congrats to your son, and you! Not much for the deer to eat around there, eh?

Bwana,

Congratulations to you and the boys. You're raising them right and they're lucky to have a father like you!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back