Helpful accessory for my RCBS press

brokfut

For 27 years I have been complaining about having to sweep up all the spent primers from the bench top and the floor after running a batch of cases thru the resizing/depriming die.
Went looking through my stash of "I use it someday" junk buckets and found just the thing to fix the problem. Now all my spent primers are in one little pile and really simple to clean up.

Press1.jpgpress2.jpg

A simple hurricane strap. Who'da thunk it?

I'm in the middle of a workbench re-engineering project. All my presses will get your mod when I mount them again.

Hurricane tie? Genius! I’m with you, my old Redding press does the same thing so I usually do my decapping in the garage with a different press to keep from having the mess in the house. This could definitely simplify things a bit and keep me inside

An internet search for press primer catcher is worth a look. Folks with 3D printers have came up with some pretty slick designs. I'm still using the one that came with my press.

My primer catcher never worked worth beans. And this didn’t cost me a dime.

This inspired me though. The brokfut improved primer deflector...

Attachments

• 5060C7E8-DD48-40C2-BDC5-84F8DA05F940.jpeg
    5060C7E8-DD48-40C2-BDC5-84F8DA05F940.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • A86604E5-1425-4948-8B13-46BF878F885A.jpeg
    A86604E5-1425-4948-8B13-46BF878F885A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Every RCBS press I've had came with a cup to catch primer's!

Si Senor

wf4KSAo.jpg

kulZZNE.jpg

Both of my presses are very old. They were my grandads, probably close to as old as me, and have gone through lots of moves. The RCBS has a front discharge for the primers, and a catch cup that is held on by a rubber band. Primers get caught in the cam arms easily, so I rarely use it for depriming. The Redding doesn’t have anything

They came (back then anyway) with a plastic half-donut looking thing that slipped onto the front of the press, and it caught most of the primers. It was brittle plastic, and didn't last long.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back