Grey Foxes demise!!!!!

GFHunter

Here are a couple of grey foxes I shot on stand a few weeks ago. Shot them with my .204 ruger using 34 grain HP off my foxpro caller.

These are by far the prettiest varmits I have ever seen. Their fur is unbelievible. They are black and silver looking on the the back with red and white on the belly.

The first fox came into the call after 10 minutes and the second one came in 3 minutes later. It was funny because the second fox came in after I had fired the gun and with his dead brother laying next to the call. It must have been really hungry. I'm sure it was probably comparable to how Moosie feels driving by McDonalds with the golden arches screaming his name at 2:30 am.

greyfoxs.jpg

Nice work.

Its not uncommon at all to have a second or even third fox, coyote, etc. to come to the call after a shot.

The best thing to do immediately after the first shot is hit the call again. Seen it work many times. Its a huge mistake to not continue to call...has probably saved the lives of many coyotes and fox.

Those are real cool critter. When I lived in Nevada I called one in. Unfortanately, at the shot he parted many different directions. He was only about the size of a large jack rabbit. Always thought a highly frangible bullet out of a 17 or 20 cal would be perfect for those little guys.

Even though bird season is still on, I'm getting the itch to go calling. Bobcat season is open and I know just the place where a big old fat tom lives (if he is still alive from last year).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back