Caribou Gear Tarp

Great Season So Far!

genesis273

I`ve been listening to you guys talk about the off season and plans for next year. On one hand I feel sorry for you but on the other I envy you guys.

Feel sorry part:
I have to say that I am fortunate to hunt in a state where we can hunt for 2 months archery, 2 weeks muzzleloader, and 6 weeks gun (in my area). And that`s not all! Gun ends on Jan 1, but some towns have an Urban Archery from Jan 15- Mid February, which I will be bow hunting in a few weeks for another month. On top of that, there are no limits on does (two buck limit in my area). Just have to buy more antlerless tags which are 2 for $10 and all you want to buy. Saying that, I have killed 6 does and 3 bucks so far this year(third buck came from a four buck area). That is not counting what my wife and son has killed! I have a ton of meat. And I`m not finished yet! :D

Envy part;
I`m having fun but our bucks aren`t crap compaired to almost all of your bucks. And one of your elk will equal about 10 of our deer when it comes to meat. :(

Would post pics but after looking at what you guys have killed.....I`m ashamed! :eek:

Don't be ashamed. We all know different regions produce different deer and trophies are determined by the hunter. I'd love to see how NC has been treating you and am jealous you still get so much hunting.

cmon man post them up! here I'll help you feel a little better with one of the last Florida deer I killed, can't get much smaller than that

Attachments

• 1-16-09.jpg
    1-16-09.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 141
Wow and I thought we could get a lot of tags in MT. Post em up, no reason at all to be ashamed. Anything harvested is usually better than tag soup.

I agree - post them up... nothing to be ashamed of.
I`m not normally that ugly....bad hair day I guess!
Dannys8pt10.jpg

Small buck with two does with muzzleloader in 30 minutes! A lot of loose powder fell to the ground trying to reload as fast as I could that morning: :eek:
MZBuckand2does.jpg

Didn`t take pics of other deer this year. I wanted to take a pic of three does the other afternoon that I shot in 15 mins but camera was dead and cell phone pic was horrible. I killed three at a time twice this year! As long as you have tags you can shoot all you want to clean! No daily limit!

Much bigger than the buck I killed this year :)

I will say it was killed on public land and there were already 7 other trucks in the parking area when I got there. I walked in 2 miles (Probably 1.5 miles farther than anybody else) before I found a decent area to watch. It was the only gun shot heard all day :)

deer2.jpg

It had a rather large body with a small rack for a WV deer.

deer3.jpg

Maybe we should start a DINK BUCK thread

Now don`t get me wrong. There are some great bucks living in NC. This pic was taken less than 5 miles from my house while he was standing next to highway. It was taken earlier this year...I think August-Sept: This is just 5 miles from the Charlotte city limits.
buck.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back