Caribou Gear

Flood/Freeze protection

AlaskaHunter

Since we winter in MT, summer back home in AK, we use a variety of RING sensors which have very low cost.
We rent upstairs, and downstairs is vacant, so sensors downstairs and in the shop.
Down stairs I have contact and motion sensors in the closet that contains my gun safe for example.
A video camera from the shop that alerts me via text anytime motion is sensed in the driveway (fuel delivery in this example)
fuel_delivery.png
Freeze/flood alarm in the bathroom, water heater, water pump, and shop.
The freeze alarm sends me a text when the temp drops below 40F. Any moisture detected triggers a text message.
I wanted more temperature information than RING so I also have a different sensor that is more specific, sending me a daily log of temperatures
and I can set the thresholds for text and email alarms (70 degrees and 50 degrees)
hourly_temp.png

Once i have my starlink system permantly installed im going to do the same thing. Great peace of mind.

My kid’s cat loves to set off the outside motion detectors. I’ve been awaken in the night a few times by it going off on my phone only to find that dam thing looking at the cameras with an evil look in its eyes.

Back