Caribou Gear

Flat Feet footbeds

MTlionchaser

What is the best foot bed for someone with flatfeet. I am very flat footed and need something with an added arch. Thanks for the info.

A customized orthotic from a foot doctor is best. Don't do what I did in June and be in a walking boot for two months. Get an agressive orthotic and a firm boot.

And, don't run downhill with a heavy pack. :eek:

Thinking Lowas Tibets

A customized orthotic from a foot doctor is best. Don't do what I did in June and be in a walking boot for two months. Get an agressive orthotic and a firm boot.

And, don't run downhill with a heavy pack. :eek:

I am thinking on getting the Lowa Tibets. I tried the Kennetreks and would get half dollar size blisters on my heels. I put several miles on the boots breaking them in and they still did it. Its sad cause they are the most comfortable boot I ever wore. I loved them for work just couldn't hike in them. Thanks for the info Big Fin

I just picked up some kenetrek hardscrabbles fro Carters boots in Bozeman. I took them into Rei and fitted superfeet and SofSole insoles to see which I liked best. I ended up with the moldable SofSole ones which I liked the best. I've been wearing them in my shoes for the last 2 days but they make my heels sore, not sure why. Anyways, I think I'm going to buy some Lathrop and Sons Synergy footbeds. I've heard a lot about the heel blisters issue which makes me nervous to take my kenetreks and get them dirty but I just need to take the plunge. I heard that Kenetrek addressed the heel blister issue a couple of years ago with a redesign, not sure if that is true or not.

Good luck with the search for the perfect footbed. I don't think you regret taking care of your feet.

Ideas

Anybody else have anymore ideas. Would like to figure something out in the next few weeks. Thanks

Super Feet inserts are good. I've used them for over a year now and would recommend them. I've battled Plantars Fasciitis off and on and I'm always much more comfortable with the super feet & a good pair of boots.

Any boot you buy won't be specific to your foot. The custom orthotics are the best as they are designed specifically for you, but if you are cheap like me, get the super feet.

http://www.superfeet.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back