Yeti GOBOX Collection

First Lite

noharleyyet

uncompahgre Puffy and Halstead Fleece 1/4 zip pullover...anyone tried em...impressions?

Love the puffy. Great fit and lightweight and definitely warm. I love all their line that I currently own. I own a bit of Sitka and Kuiu as well but I find myself reaching for the First Lite ahead of the others. Haven't tried the fleece (I do have the Labrador Sweater and Springer vest which are great) but may just have to given how much I like the rest of their stuff.

I use both First Lite and Kuiu and love them both. I prefer the First lite base layers and 1/4 zip but like the Kuiu vest better than the springer (heavy for packing). The First Lite puffy is an awesome jacket and like Bugle Em' In said "well worth the $$$". Also, not sure if you need rain or storm gear but man the First Lite boundary jacket and pants are fricken BOMB proof!!!! The First Lite sizes run big for their tops so if you are a L buy M.

Uncompahgre puffy is incredibly warm, especially for how packable it is. The tech fleece is a good mid layer and very comfortable, but I still prefer their wool. You can't go wrong with either.

You can't go wrong with the Uncompahgre Puffy or the Halstead 1/4 zip. Both are perfect layers and the Puffy stuffs down to almost nothing in a day pack and I literally carry it everywhere I go. I would also mention that the Puffy doesn't tear or lose its stitching as easily as other puffy jackets I've worn in the field which is a huge plus. This just proven on a 10 day, 100 mile elk hunt in some of the worst blowdown country I've ever experienced. I definitely recommend giving their merino baselayers a go and giving them the sniff test after two or three days of hard hunting. The merino won't stink, but any synthetics will. I was hunting with a highly regarded whitetail author and Scentlock guru who ended up borrowing my second set of First Lite after three days of elk hunting. His gear stunk and was absolutely thrashed. Sitka is the only other gear that is as durable as First Lite in my opinion and I've put all of them to the test. Check out First Lite's new camo pattern - good stuff.
-Cody

Back