Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Lite Cold Weather Gear Any Good?

emrah1028

So I know First Lite makes great stuff, but how is their cold weather gear? I don't mean walking up and down mountains cold gear, but sit in the woods or tree stand all day in Minnesota during December muzzle loader season kind of cold? Like 0 degrees all day without moving around much cold.

Namely, will the following hear work:

Chama long sleeve shirt base layer
Allegheny base layer pants
Sanctuary jacket
North branch pants

Are the first lite merino wool base layers the warmest out there or is other stuff like polartec or Under Armour better?

Thanks,

Emrah

We hunted South Dakota in the late season last year and had temps as low as minus 30. I wore red desert boxers, Allegheny, Allegheny EXP, North Branch Pants, Llano crew, Chama EXP, Springer Vest, Labrador, and Uncompahgre Puffy every day.

I think your list is a good start, but I would add to it if possible. Namely the heavier base layers.

This year I will be using the Sanctuary Jacket and North Branch Jacket as well.

Thanks, that helps. Finances are tight so these are definitely items I'm going to save up for; especially the outerwear. I think I can swing the base layers for sure. The llano, Chama and allegheny are definitely in the works. Might have to deal with my crappy gander mountain jacket and pants. The basen layers are sure to help.

Emrah

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back