Finance app now that MINT is gone

Might want to look at one of the other apps owned by Intuit like Quicken. Maybe the download of data would be similar and more seamless. Other options might be your bank. Most have budgeting services, although they usually suck. Mint is a great example of useful stuff that can't stay around because it can't make money. Surprised it didn't get sold to a big bank. We want our banks to let us open an account, do our transactions, pay us interest on balances, not charge for an occasional overdraw, loan us money for cheap, and not charge us anything for the privilege of us being a customer.
… while they charge 29% interest on their credit cards, 8% on mortgages, and invest depositors money in all kinds of high risk assets 😂

Yeah Chase with its 42Billion in net revenue can give me a free app for budgeting.

I just keep my stuff in an excel sheet and update it at least once a month. I tried all the apps and they were more trouble than they were worth IMO.

… while they charge 29% interest on their credit cards, 8% on mortgages, and invest depositors money in all kinds of high risk assets 😂

Yeah Chase with its 42Billion in net revenue can give me a free app for budgeting.
Only you and Elizabeth Warren complain about them charging 29% on credit card and investing in high risk assets. Local banks complain about regulation more than O&G. You may have a point. Maybe Americans suck at finance because they don’t have a good budgeting app.

Rocket money is pretty legit it links to all accounts from checking to 401 and the deeded credit cards. It’s like 6 bucks a month I think it had some promo where you can pick what you pay a month

Rocket money is pretty legit it links to all accounts from checking to 401 and the deeded credit cards. It’s like 6 bucks a month I think it had some promo where you can pick what you pay a month
What i use

I'm another vote for Everydollar, unless you use a credit card. Then it may not automatically sync your transactions...

Most times you get what you pay for - it works good and there aren't adds on everydollar.

finally playing around with fidelity full view. so far it seems to be the best replacement for mint that i can find.

here's the nicest thing about it - you can link all of your accounts where it will categorize the transactions for all of them in one place and then you can download the transactions for all of your accounts in a .csv all with categories for every card and checking account in one time series. then i can take that one .csv and time series into my own spreadsheet for easy tracking in my own custom budget.

that was the worst part, dealing with like 8 differently formatted transaction time series, some of which didn't include categories. full view categorizes all of them into one big transaction time series, regardless of which credit card or checking account the transaction occurred.

breaking it down just on fidelity full view isn't as nuanced or helpful as i would like, so will be sticking with my own spreadsheet for now, but having all of my transaction for everything in one categorized time series is hugely helpful.

finally playing around with fidelity full view. so far it seems to be the best replacement for mint that i can find.

here's the nicest thing about it - you can link all of your accounts where it will categorize the transactions for all of them in one place and then you can download the transactions for all of your accounts in a .csv all with categories for every card and checking account in one time series. then i can take that one .csv and time series into my own spreadsheet for easy tracking in my own custom budget.

that was the worst part, dealing with like 8 differently formatted transaction time series, some of which didn't include categories. full view categorizes all of them into one big transaction time series, regardless of which credit card or checking account the transaction occurred.

breaking it down just on fidelity full view isn't as nuanced or helpful as i would like, so will be sticking with my own spreadsheet for now, but having all of my transaction for everything in one categorized time series is hugely helpful.
IMG_0894.gif

Am I the only person who has extreme paranoia about giving my logins for my entire networth to an organization?

I can't get around the risk of a data breach resulting in everything but my house being stolen.

Does fidelity, or any others, offer any guarantees or protection while sharing that very sensitive information?

Am I the only person who has extreme paranoia about giving my logins for my entire networth to an organization?

I can't get around the risk of a data breach resulting in everything but my house being stolen.

Does fidelity, or any others, offer any guarantees or protection while sharing that very sensitive information?

I really think it’s no different than when you login to say you’re checking account. You just have to do that login through their interface to allow/authorize the link. And that’s all it is, a data link, they don’t have the login credentials.

You have to do similar things when you authorize EFTs for investment accounts or Venmo, which is pretty standard.

someone might know more than me, but I don’t think there’s necessarily additional risk doing that

Quickbooks maybe, it has subscription plans, and a software, it's kinda expensive but some are selling the desktop version for $200 lifetime access

update: i'm actually loving fidelity full view. it actually seems to have everything i wanted out of mint and dare i say i think it's even easier to use. after playing around the budgeting tools and transaction rules are plenty good for my needs. no more need for a spreadsheet.

@neffa3 i think it's your solution

update: i'm actually loving fidelity full view. it actually seems to have everything i wanted out of mint and dare i say i think it's even easier to use. after playing around the budgeting tools and transaction rules are plenty good for my needs. no more need for a spreadsheet.

@neffa3 i think it's your solution
I don't have any fidelity accounts...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back