Finally Winter Storm in Montana

What Map

The winter storm arrived as predicted. This was the view out my back door at sunup. All the snow came over night and it is still snowing lightly. I know many hunters are trying to figure out how to get out to play. :hump:

First Snow 11-9-12.jpg

The winter storm arrived as predicted. This was the view out my back door at sunup. All the snow came over night and it is still snowing lightly. I know many hunters are trying to figure out how to get out to play. :hump:

View attachment 32861

We've got about a foot in Helena. Still coming down hard. Hopefully it keeps people out of the woods, and puts me onto an elk this weekend. :)

All fine and dandy until you have to drive 300 miles in it!!!

Looks like I better go buy a set of chains and I've got a lot more than 300 miles to get there.:eek: We just finished harvest and my wife has family plans (for some strange reason) for the week of Thanksgiving, so it's this coming week or nothing for hunting Montana this year.

Left MT a day early to stay ahead of the storm. Looks like it will be here in wSD just in time for a little deer hunting.

Looks like I better go buy a set of chains and I've got a lot more than 300 miles to get there.:eek: We just finished harvest and my wife has family plans (for some strange reason) for the week of Thanksgiving, so it's this coming week or nothing for hunting Montana this year.

Looks like it should be cleared up by next week! 36 degrees on Monday, 40 by Wednesday. Sounds like it will be a sloppy mess!

Left my elk camp in The Snowies last night to get a jump on the storm.Good thing,I think.Weird,Wednesday I could have hunted in shorts,Thursday snow with poor visibility...makes for crappy glassing.The drive from Harlowtown to Big Timber was horrid,ice and more ice due to high winds.Hoping the interstate is open for smooth sailing on Monday,headed to deer camp out of Miles City.Next week is rut week for whiteys.:hump:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back