Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Finally Connected

BRD DAWG

After many nights of sitting our bait until dark and nothing showing up, we finally had a bear come in last night. I shot him at about 8:30 PM. Not a very big bear but neat color and it is my first bear and with a bow. I was pretty excited about it. I'll post details and pictures tommorow morning.

We sat our bait Friday night until dark and nothing came in. We came back the next morning to rebait and of course it had been torn apart again and all the bait gone. We found two set of tracks. One from a bigger bear and one looked to be a smaller bear. We decided to get in our stands earlier Saturday. We headed in about 4:30. The night before I noticed the wind swirled quite a bit in there so tonight we sprayed ourselves down good with Scent Killer then concentrated apple scent to hopefully mask some of the human scent. Once again, we sat there for about 4 hours watching the chipmunks until about 8:45 I caught some movement below me and saw a cinnamon colored bear heading up the draw toward us. He dissappeared behind some rocks but then came out again right at the bait barrel. He was about 8 yards from John's stand and 22 yards from me. I waited about 5 minutes deciding wether to use my bow or my video camera. I finally decided that I'd better get one under my belt before I got too picky. I came to full draw and passed an arrow through both lungs. The arrow stuck in the ground behind him. He ran about 75 yards (down into a hole of course) and piled up dead. By the time we packed him out of there and back up to the ridge I guessed him to be about 450 lbs ;) . Actually he probably weighed in at about 140 or 150. Great looking coat. A little rubbed out around his eyes. Anyways enough of that, here's the pictures. A couple of them are off my video camera so they aren't very good quality:

288634.jpg

288633.jpg

288631.jpg

288629.jpg

NICE !!! I like those color bears. There seems to be alot in the Unit you hunt. Don't worry about the size.. Size don't matter, Ask my wife ;) And a bear is much bigger then the Sky carp you usually kill.

Good to see bears being taken ! Fired up for next year yet ?!?!? :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back