NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Fall Bear season in Va

Interesting! I'm keen to hear how this goes as that's not a hunt I'd realy heard or thought about before.

This will be my 1st year going after them. My customer who owns the farm asked me to hunt some of the bears that she sees on the farm. Your not allowed to bait in Va but I hear they like gut piles.

From what I here certain parts of Virginia are over run with them. All though I have never seen one on my farm I have in Virginia

I don't know what part of Virginia you guys are from but I have heard a lot of people talk about how many they are in south western part of Virginia and also I have a cousin up in the Bedford area that says they are thick he said you can't hardly deer hunt for the bears. I have a small farm in Wise county I have never seen one on there in 25 years.

This will be my 1st year going after them. My customer who owns the farm asked me to hunt some of the bears that she sees on the farm. Your not allowed to bait in Va but I hear they like gut piles.

Dave if there's white oaks dropping acorns on the property,that's better than any bait you can haul in.
I don't run bear baits but the guys that I know that do stay away from the White oak ridges.They swear that a bear will walk through a pile of donuts to get acorns.

Hunting a little east of Front Royal in a area called Flint Hill. There is an oak ridge where i turkey hunt. The bears travel the creek bottoms from what i can figure.

I'll be hunting the early season the end of September here in WV and probably again in December with dogs. Good luck. We hunt the national forest not far from VA border in Pocahontas county. I killed one in 2011 Not far from Cass scenic railroad.

Back