Everyone point and laugh

This is fairly common in my experiences. I'll see at least two of those idiots every year stuck (or dead) in areas only meant for single track travel. Two of the most memorable, was this Jeep and the Range Rover.
The Jeep slid off a single track and ended up at the bottom of a ravine. The dumbasses came back with a skidsteer and slid it off the side also!🤣. It landed about 50' away from the Jeep, gotta give these idiots an A+ for commitment.
FYI, the closest road is almost a mile away, a winch out recovery was not an option.
The Range Rover was off the side of a single track also. We first spotted a complete exhaust system hanging from an oak tree about 600 yards up the hill, and couldn't figure out how someone had managed to carry it that far from the nearest dirt road. It made sense after getting halfway down the mountain and we found the Range Rover resting against a tree.
The worst one I saw was a Suzuki Sidekick that rolled/tumbled down almost 1500'. All five were killed, one passenger was ejected, the other four rode it to the bottom. It looked like it had been processed by a car crusher for recycling. It was approximately 5cubic feet at its final resting spot. .

The jeep was helicoptered out at a cost of $18k to the owner
139487.jpeg139502.jpeg139481.jpeg139499.jpeg139493.jpeg139478.jpeg

Attachments

• 139505.jpeg
    139505.jpeg
    923.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This is fairly common in my experiences. I'll see at least two of those idiots every year stuck (or dead) in areas only meant for single track travel. Two of the most memorable, was this Jeep and the Range Rover.
The Jeep slid off a single track and ended up at the bottom of a ravine. The dumbasses came back with a skidsteer and slid it off the side also!🤣. It landed about 50' away from the Jeep, gotta give these idiots an A+ for commitment.
FYI, the closest road is almost a mile away, a winch out recovery was not an option.
The Range Rover was off the side of a single track also. We first spotted a complete exhaust system hanging from an oak tree about 600 yards up the hill, and couldn't figure out how someone had managed to carry it that far from the nearest dirt road. It made sense after getting halfway down the mountain and we found the Range Rover resting against a tree.
The worst one I saw was a Suzuki Sidekick that rolled/tumbled down almost 1500'. All five were killed, one passenger was ejected, the other four rode it to the bottom. It looked like it had been processed by a car crusher for recycling. It was approximately 5cubic feet at its final resting spot. .

The jeep was helicoptered out at a cost of $18k to the owner
View attachment 291414View attachment 291415View attachment 291416View attachment 291418View attachment 291419View attachment 291420
Whoa...those won't buff

My first thought is this trust fund baby's daddy bought this canyon..... Then I read he was from Arkansas. case closed
When I saw the pic I thought, "It has to be a Texan." Pretty disappointed it was AR.

Skidsteer looks fine....hell looks better there than most I have had the pleasure of using...
Skidsteer was ok, just needed fluid changes and whatnot from being tipped over. But there was no way to retrieve it without cutting a new road through the NF or doing a helicopter lift.
The funny part, when I contacted the local Bobcat dealer and gave them the S/N, they assured me that EXACT unit was in their shop for service and I was mistaken about the information I gave them. The company who owns the Bobcat said it was in the field on a project and I was mistaken also. Smells like insurance fraud to me, but whatever.

Last edited:
Skidsteer was ok, just needed fluid changes and whatnot from being tipped over. But there was no way to retrieve it without cutting a new road through the NF or doing a helicopter lift.
The funny part, when I contacted the local Bobcat dealer and gave them the S/N, they assured me that EXACT unit was in their shop for service and I was mistaken about the information I gave them. The company who owns the Bobcat said it was in the field on a project and I was mistaken also. Smells like insurance fraud to me, but whatever.
Inquiring minds want to know...is it still there?

Inquiring minds want to know...is it still there?
No, it got lifted out. There is a new Razor xp1000 about 50 yards away that replaced the jeep/bobcat combo. I'll head up there in late October and see what the inventory looks like in our NF OHV pick a parts program looks like.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back