PEAX Equipment

Episode #6 - Kansas Whitetails

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great episode. I am sure when people see Spitz take a really nice buck, a lot ofguys will regret not buying one of the left over tags that were available for many Kansas units, including the unit we hunted.

Kansas has over 3 million acres of publicly accessible ground in the form of their Walk-In-Hunting-Areas, or WIHA as known by folks down there. Amazing how few people actually take advantage of it, of it they do, they hunt within a half mile of the truck.

It was so much fun, I had to do it again this year. And next year ...... and next year ...... and

If you want to read the day-by-day posts of this hunt, the link is provided below.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=244758

Thanks, Spitz. Sure enjoyed the hunt and your company. What you say we burn our Iowa points next year?

IMG_0214.JPG

Randy... I've always wondered about you and Iowa. The philosophy has always been "public land or publicly accessible lands". Iowa has the least amount of public land of any state.... about 1%. What angle would OYOA take with an Iowa show?

Great buck and hope to see you in Iowa some day.

good luck to all
the dog

Randy... I've always wondered about you and Iowa. The philosophy has always been "public land or publicly accessible lands". Iowa has the least amount of public land of any state.... about 1%. What angle would OYOA take with an Iowa show?

Great buck and hope to see you in Iowa some day.

good luck to all
the dog

Same approach as we used in Season One - Hunt Wildlife Management Areas with the masses. Just hope that this time we do not have a camera malfunction when the moment of truth comes along.

Will go to school on the spots I learned when we were there last time. Hopefully that will work.

KS was a great time with a great friend. Was a neat experience to see how the magic happens with the show and also glean a bit of hunting wisdom from Randy. Can't wait to watch the episode!

Those Iowa points are burning a hole in my pocket Randy! I think it's about time for another late season shotgun episode.

Congrats on a sweet hunt. I have a friend in Kansas who has invited me out to hunt...looks like I should take him up on it next year.

I don't know about this episode. Looks like you came out of a pretty fancy wall tent;)

Great episode. It opens ones mind about states hunting opportunities for all of us.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back