Caribou Gear Tarp

Endurance

This was exciting news! One of the all time greatest adventure/survival stories. If anyone has not read "Endurance" they should remedy that immediately.

When you think of the grit it took to accomplish a feat on the scale of Shackleton’s Antarctic expedition, few exhibit the tenacity of this journey in 1914.

When you consider the Apollo 13 mission and getting back from the moon with a crippled spaceship, I still consider Shackleton’s survival more astonishing.

Next to the Corps Of Discovery from 1804-1806, I find the Shackleton expedition of 1914 (he did this more than once) the most harrowing and unlikely survivable expedition that man has ever accomplished.

The story is beyond belief and worth the investigation of the expedition to really see how a crew of men could survive the Antarctic for over 2 years without support. There is actual film footage of the crew and the Endurance stuck in the ice and how they attempted to free themselves.

Truly an amazing story…

Thanks for sharing and as mentioned a must read.
Really makes a guy feel inadequate when complaining about 1 cold night in the field.

Gotta say, I was thrilled to see they found it and that it is still in remarkable condition, almost a testament to the whole survival saga.

I read that book a number of years ago, the thing that stuck with me was how anything that could go wrong did go wrong, over and over again. The planning and tenacity is absolutely amazing, I don't know how they did it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back