Elk tenderloin Cheesesteak Pizza

Addicting

I have been wanting to stretch my culinary skills so I have been trying to perfect pizza. Learning about all the different types of flour and what they do sent me down a pizza rabbit hole.

There are several pizza dough flour type videos on YouTube. I settled on unbleached enriched bread flour. It gives it a great fluffy crisp crust.

Here is the details on the basic of cast iron pizza.

That then got modified to a cheese steak recipe like what Daminos puts out.

Did the dough this morning and let it rise in the EVOO covered cast iron at room temp. Then the building started after about 8 hours of rising time.

Used a simple white parmesan cheese sauce, an elk tenderloin I had thawed, peppers, and a sweet onion. I also used the Monterey Jack cheese around the edge then mozzarella in the center. Baked at 400 for about a half hour.

DC3F1D70-5950-4FE8-BA39-510D6C75A139.jpeg55372F83-0190-4835-8A9D-E297A2212B6E.jpegA5443095-F513-409E-A97B-CB2C777376AB.jpegF615F3E1-E656-4815-97AE-45C24CAABC63.jpeg06BD446C-F52F-4065-A2A0-B7F0C9F6F7E7.jpeg

Looks great, but I would have a tough time eating tenderloin other than in its purest state.
" A" for creativity and effort.
Tenderloin is so flavorless in its purist form. We always make something out of it so it has other flavors. Most of it ends up as schnitzel.

This recipe could use any cut that can be cut thin and still be tender. Tenderloin was just what I had thawed.

Tenderloin is so flavorless in its purist form. We always make something out of it so it has other flavors. Most of it ends up as schnitzel.

This recipe could use any cut that can be cut thin and still be tender. Tenderloin was just what I had thawed.
Dull world if we were all the same.
2 lbs of cheese will add flavor to anything.
I would dive in to that creation any day of the week...so long as it is your tenderloin
😁

We make homemade pizza quite a bit but always go with a store bought crust. Damn! That looks amazing. I need to crisp up my crust game!

We make homemade pizza quite a bit but always go with a store bought crust. Damn! That looks amazing. I need to crisp up my crust game!
So easy to jump on YouTube and make a quick dough.

This one is
11oz of bread flour ( about 2 cups)
1 Tsp of salt
1 Tsp of pizza yeast
8oz warm water

Mix it with a spoon till it all makes a ball. Less than a min and place it in a oiled dish to rise.

Warning, this dough got sticky really quick. You need everything prepared ahead of time to just plot the ball over. If you give it a few min the ball turns so sticky it will be a mess to do anything with.

After it’s risen, it is fragile and a thin pizza sauce can pour right thru it.

Tip is to spray your knuckles with cooking spray and push the dough down a little. Use a thick sauce and it turns out just fine.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back