Easter Wyoming Cell Service ONXmaps

Ttannahill14

So doing the final to-do's for our eastern wyoming antelope hunt we have next week. i was downloading all my onxmaps info to my cell phone in case i didn't have cell service. We'll that's a real pain in the but I"m finding out and my phone is out of memory after downloading only 25% of what I need.

Anyone know what the cell service situation is out there? I have Verizon? Will i be able to access my maps throuhg the server?

I was in a unit near Douglas and only had reliable service in town. Out in the unit I would get random messages when we would crest certain hills. So I would say that ATT service is definitely not reliable out there.

What unit? I was all over WY this week and had Verizon cell most of the time but wasn't east of Buffalo or Casper by much.

Verizon has good coverage all over Wyoming. You may have to find a hill but you will have service.

I was just in Encampment, WY on the medicine bow. That is quite a ways south of you but I do have something that may help.

Verizon coverage was non-existent while AT&T and TracPhone were pretty good. A bunch of guys were in the same campground as me. They all carry TracPhones or AT&T.
Side Note - Verizon is in the process of putting in a new tower just outside Encampment right now. They were in town working on it.

You can try a TracPhone smart phone. That being said - it seems the old-school fold up TracPhone gets better reception than the TracPhone smart phone (which is a droid).
One of the guys had the smart phone version and got less bars than the fold-up. But bars none-the-less. Enough to run maps? I don't know. But all they wanted was
general cell service in the bush.

If it helps..... Good luck!

Verizon coverage map shows expected holes in the mountains and a big area of no-go north and south south of Lusk

image.jpg

.....if you believe Verizon's map

I have Verizon and I have hunted Unit 9. That Verizon map looks correct based on where I did and didn't have service.

I just got back from 16 in buffalo Wyoming and had good service at the red horse area but driving tw and powder river and Tipperary I had real spotty service with Verizon

Goat

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back