E. Idaho fishing questions?

putm2sleep

Hello gentlemen -

Hope you are having a great summer. Quesiton for you potato pickers :How is fishing around the Driggs area, Two Forks maybe?

Might have a chance, get a kitchen pass to sneak away north, Grand Teton National Park.Staying in Idaho, and hope to wet a line. I was very small when I lived in Twin Falls, but remember fishing and catching. Would love some insight - PM if you would please.

River or lake? Should I bring a float tube? What are they bitin' on?

Thanks fellas!

If you like catching trout on a fly you'll be near some of the best fishing Idaho has to offer. I didn't fish the Teton much while I lived in that corner of the state, but it can be great. The upper section in the Teton valley is a very calm stretch while the canyon section is definitely much rougher water. Lots of fly shops in Driggs/Victor to get the scoop on what's producing. I always liked the Victor Emporium, plus they make amazing huckleberry milkshakes. I spent most of my time on the Henrys fork and truthfully ever section of it can produce great trout fishing. Most of the Henry's Fork flyshops are in Island Park/Last Chance to get a scoop on what is happening up there and my favorite of which is Trouthunter. Access is good on most of the waters over there and wading will get you into lots of fish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back