Drone Game Recovery

I wonder, do you suppose if it’s a FW&P drone would you be charged with assaulting an officer of the law?
Who knows,..I imagine it would have to be identifiable.
Still seems like an invasion of my privacy, the whole point is to be out there trying to get separation from the madness.

I know a guy that shot one and got in deep shit for it. Had to replace the drone, too.

I believe he went in front of a district magistrate. He could probably take it to a higher court and challenge the decision.
@Addicting and to add to Pahoundsman's comment - My bad. It was not a jury. Pa houndsman is on the $.

PA setting: This was handled at the level of a "traffic Ticket" and may be appealed to "The Court of Common Pleas".

Attached is the case docket and Summary:

Not much detail as it's the same as declaring not guilty to a judge for speeding. Infraction/minor misdemeanor (3rd degree).

edit added: Attached docs vs copy/paste as it has specific names and other personal info - even though it's listed as "Public Record", figured best to leave as attachments:

Here is a snip of the single issue that he was found guilty. He was initially charged with 4 counts:

1709241975034.png

Attachments

• MdjCourtSummary.pdf
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MdjDocketSheet.pdf
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I know a guy that shot one and got in deep shit for it. Had to replace the drone, too.
I had the opportunity to speak with someone in the FAA once on the topic. As far as federal law is concerned it's no less illegal to shoot at a drone than to shoot at a helicopter or a commercial airliner.

I hunt in Georgia. I have heard of using drones for recovery at night with night vision and heat sensor. No problems that i have heard.

I hunt in Georgia. I have heard of using drones for recovery at night with night vision and heat sensor. No problems that i have heard.
Different state, different laws.
And differing views from the Game Commission.

Up here, there is talk that Sunday hunting might actually have a chance due to some farmers group not being against it now.

Whatever the heck that has to do with our game laws beats me, but it's the backwards way things are run around here.

Questions:

Was he advertising a drone recovery service? Even word of mouth?

If so that may be the predication for contact by the UC Wardens.

More facts would be helpful (not press articles)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back